Moving & Handling
One full day of face to face classroom tuition. Venue near you or your work place
This one day course in moving and handling is essential to anyone who works in the nursing or care industry to enable them to work effectively within delivering safe methods of moving or handling clients and providing basic guidance when transferring to clients who require full hoisting.
The one day course is being undertaken within our purpose built moving and handling classroom, which accommodates the equipment to provide candidates with full hands on training during the course. The course number will be a maximum of 15. This is to allow students adequate time for hands on practice and learn current safe methods of moving and handing.
The course contents are suitable for people who need appropriate training within moving and handling or those who feel they require a full refresher course to enable them to safely practice this within their working environment.
The course content is
- Anatomy posture and addressing the limitations clinicians face when undertaking moving and handling
- Appropriate usage of the hoist. How to assess appropriate slings for clients and their usage
- Legislation, human rights and regulations. How these affect the clinicians in their everyday work
- Clinicians duty of care when implementing moving and handling techniques
- Assessing clients’ skin integrity when implementing moving and handling techniques
- Assessing safe working areas, when moving and handling
- Wheelchair usage and assessing potential dangers. Clinicians looking at solving problems which may impact upon moving and handling
- During the day candidates will discuss the use of slide sheets, slide boards and handling belts to assist standing and ensuring safe transfers when clients are sitting
- All candidates will receive a training booklet.
Certificates of attendance will be issued within 14 days of the course date. Candidates must demonstrate full competencies within moving and handling.
Feel free to browse our range of training courses.
If you can't find what you're looking for or would like some more information about our courses, call on 0778 349 1299 and we would be happy to answer any queries which you may have.